TUCSON, Ariz. -- Following a 64-56 win over Colorado on Thursday night, the Arizona Wildcats will look for an opening weekend sweep Saturday afternoon when they host Utah for a matinee matchup at noon.
The game will be televised by the Pac-12 Network with Roxy Bernstein and former Arizona Wildcats star Richard Jefferson on the call.
Utah at Arizona
Saturday, Jan. 5 at 12 p.m. (MST)
TV: Pac-12 Network (Roxy Bernstein and Richard Jefferson)
Radio: Arizona IMG Radio Network (Brian Jeffries & Ryan Hansen)
OFF THE TOP
- Arizona will close out its first weekend of Pac-12 play with a Saturday afternoon affair against Utah. Both teams won their Pac-12 openers Thursday night. Utah topped Arizona State, 96-86, while Arizona dispatched of Colorado 64-56.
- Arizona is 72-10 at McKale Center in conference games under coach Sean Miller. Miller is 6-0 at home against Utah and 12-1 overall against the Utes.
- Arizona won its ninth straight Pac-12 opener Thursday versus Colorado. The 56 points allowed were the fewest by an Arizona team in a Pac-12 opener since allowing 49 to Arizona State in 2015.
- The Wildcats are 90-4 at home since the start of the 2013-14 season, which is the best mark in the country.
- Freshman guard Brandon Williams has 56 assists on the season, which leads all Pac-12 freshmen. In nine home games this season, Williams has 43 assists to just nine turnovers. His 50 assists in pre-conference play were the most by an Arizona freshman since Jason Gardner posted 73 in 1999-2000.
- Sophomore guard Brandon Randolph scored 11 points Thursday against Colorado and has scored in double figures in all 14 games this season. He's one of three players in the Pac-12 to have scored in double figures in each of his team's games on the year, joining Kris Wilkes (UCLA) and Tres Trinkle (Oregon State). Randolph leads the Pac-12 in free throw percentage at .891.
- The Wildcats are second in the conference in scoring defense at 64.9 points per game and tied for the lead in 3-point field goal percentage defense at .287. Arizona is also tops in the league in turnover margin at +3.5.